Because of this, continued strong growth in mobile learning products and services is fostering the movement of knowledge building events, content, tools and applications from the desktop to hand held devices.
- The overall market is showing a 21.7% five year CAGR that will see revenue generated by mobile learning products and services to reach approximately $1.4 billion by 2013 down from previous estimates of a 27.3% CAGR which was expected to produce $1.5 billion by 2011.
- This will account for up to 25.2% of the entire mobile software market by the year 2013.
- Nurses are one of the stronger users averaging eight hours per week online for professional purposes - just as much time as physicians - and are seen as key influencers in shaping a patient’s health decision.
- Approximately 75% of U.S. nurses recommend health websites to patients.
- 80% of nurses proactively researched pharma, biotech, or medical device company websites in 2009.